Michael Bisping is coming off a win over Brian Stann that positioned him nicely in the UFC's middleweight division. Reports of a potential January bout with Vitor Belfort aside, Bisping is just hoping to fight again as soon as possible.
"I'm not prepared (to wait)," said Bisping, in a recent interview with ESPN. "This is the way I make a living and I want to fight."
Bisping was asked if he would wait for the winner of Chris Weidman-Tim Boetsch, a match scheduled for the end of the December, to face the winner and likely crown a No. 1 contender. "The Count," who is now 23-4 in his career, doesn't appear to be too keen on that idea.
"I want to fight somebody else in the mean time," Bisping said. "I'll take my chance. If I win, great. If I lose, I don't deserve a title shot anyway. I want to fight in January or February. I'd like to fight three or four times a year."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Bisping has won five of his last six, with the lone loss coming to Chael Sonnen via decision. He is also a former Ultimate Fighter winner. The reports of a potential Belfort match would happen in January in Brazil, and likely serve as the main event for the card.
- Michael Bisping Anxious To Return To Action As Soon As Possible
- Junior Dos Santos The Next To Join Nike's Roster
- Dan Henderson Not Happy With Jon Jones-Chael Sonnen Booking
- Stephan Bonnar Thanks UFC Fans For A Wonderful Career
- UFC Confirms Michael Johnson-Myles Jury For UFC 155
- Bellator 82 To Feature Welterweight Final Between Lyman Good, Andrey Koreshkov
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.