Michael Bisping is coming off a win over Brian Stann that positioned him nicely in the UFC's middleweight division. Reports of a potential January bout with Vitor Belfort aside, Bisping is just hoping to fight again as soon as possible.
"I'm not prepared (to wait)," said Bisping, in a recent interview with ESPN. "This is the way I make a living and I want to fight."
Bisping was asked if he would wait for the winner of Chris Weidman-Tim Boetsch, a match scheduled for the end of the December, to face the winner and likely crown a No. 1 contender. "The Count," who is now 23-4 in his career, doesn't appear to be too keen on that idea.
"I want to fight somebody else in the mean time," Bisping said. "I'll take my chance. If I win, great. If I lose, I don't deserve a title shot anyway. I want to fight in January or February. I'd like to fight three or four times a year."
Popular VideoThis judge looked an inmate square in the eyes and did something that left the entire courtroom in tears:
Bisping has won five of his last six, with the lone loss coming to Chael Sonnen via decision. He is also a former Ultimate Fighter winner. The reports of a potential Belfort match would happen in January in Brazil, and likely serve as the main event for the card.
- Michael Bisping Anxious To Return To Action As Soon As Possible
- Junior Dos Santos The Next To Join Nike's Roster
- Dan Henderson Not Happy With Jon Jones-Chael Sonnen Booking
- Stephan Bonnar Thanks UFC Fans For A Wonderful Career
- UFC Confirms Michael Johnson-Myles Jury For UFC 155
- Bellator 82 To Feature Welterweight Final Between Lyman Good, Andrey Koreshkov
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.