Last night Maximum Fighting Championship put on another solid event that made history with introducing the half point scoring system. Many of the fights ended early had didn’t need the new scoring system, but the main event for the MFC light heavyweight champion did come down to just a half a point.
Airing on HDNet, four of the six televised MFC 31 main card bouts end in the opening round, but when the night was over it was the main event that had the fans talking.
MFC 205 lbs. Title: Ryan Jimmo vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou – Ryan Jimmo by U.D. (49-48.5, 49-48.5, 49-48)
- The main event was a slow, tough scoring bout that unfortunately ended the night on a boring note. The half point scoring system being used for this card came into play here as the champion squeezed out a decision win. Jimmo’s style makes for boring fights but this one was a bit more boring than usual. Sokoudjou cut the champ in the second round with a knee which ended up being the biggest shot of the night. It could be argued that Sokoudjou won the fight but I had it scored 48.5-48 for the champ.
155 lbs.: Richie Whitson vs. Kajan Johnson – Kajan Johnson by 1st rd. Submission (Rear Naked Choke)
- One fighter was on the offense from the opening bell, putting his opponent on the defensive. Kajan Johnson was in total control of the fight and his fifth attempt at a RNC was a charm.
155 lbs.: Adam Lynn vs. Curtis Demarce – Adam Lynn by 1st rd. KO
- Curtis Demarce came out with lots of movement, dancing around and jumping in with his punches. As Demarce was jumping in Adam Lynn timed it just right, landing a fast counter right elbow that flattened out his opponent. A right hand sealed the deal as the referee flies in the stop the fight.
155 lbs.: Sabah Fadai vs. Mukai Maromo – Mukai Maromo by U.D. (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Leg kicks, Leg Kicks and more leg kicks from Mukai Maromo is how this fight went. The lead leg of Sabah Fadai was busted up in the first round and just got worse and worse as the fight went on. Maromo dominated with his Muay Thai and easily won this fight.
185 lbs.: Allen Hope vs. Terry Martin – Terry Martin by 1st rd. TKO
- Martin takes the fight to the canvas early and immediately begins to drop elbows on Allen Hope. Martin continues putting the pressure on his opponent and before long the referee was stopping the fight.
175 lbs.: Ryan Chiappe vs. Cody Krahn – Cody Krahn by 1st rd. Submission (Guillotine)
- Chiappe was in control early, taking the back of Krahn after securing the mount and dropping some ground and pound. Krahn escapes and when Chieppe goes for a takedown, Krahn locks in a Guilotine that’s forces a tap.
175 lbs.: Dajan Kajic vs. Mike Froese – Fight ended in a No Contest (Froese poked in the eye)
155 lbs.: James Haddad vs. Garret Nybakken – James Haddad by 1st rd. Submission (Guillotine)
155 lbs.: Dan Ring vs. Neal Anderson – Dan Ring by U.D.
Get more great MMA news, recaps and analysis over at MMA Valor.