UFC president Dana White confirmed that Saturday night's co-main event at UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz between Mauricio "Shogun" Rua and Alexander Gustafsson will be a No. 1 contender match. The two battle inside the Octagon from Seattle on Fox.
"The winner of this fight will get the next shot," White said during a press conference Thursday. "'Shogun' is the gatekeeper to that title. If Alexander beats 'Shogun,' he gets that shot. If 'Shogun' wins, he gets it."
UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones will meet Chael Sonnen in April after the two compete on The Ultimate Fighter. White said that, unless the winner wants to fight to stay active, they can remain on the sidelines for the winner.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Video: "UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz" Press Conference Set For 3 PM ET/Noon PT
- Gilbert Melendez In Negotiations With UFC
- Early Reports Of Ronda Rousey-Cris Cyborg At UFC 157 Denied By Cyborg
- Michelle Gutierrez Off Bellator 84, Patricia Vidonic Named As Replacement
- Joe Lauzon Volunteers His UFC 155 Fight With Jim Miller For New Co-Main Event
- Ronaldo Souza Grateful For Spot On Strikeforce Card
- Bellator 84 Championship Fight Pulled
- TUF: Smashes Lightweight Final Now Set
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.