Maurício Rua (21-6) looks back at his fight with Brandon Vera (12-6-1 NC), from UFC on FOX 4, and admits he was gassed out. Rua was still able to defeat Vera via TKO in the fourth round.
"I did my job, which was to win," said Rua. "And via knockout it's even better. So the goal was achieved. Vera is a pretty tough guy and he tired me out… I know I could've been more prepared, but I'll come back better."
While Rua was happy with his win, he knows he could have done more in the fight.
"I respect Brandon Vera a lot but I know I could've done a lot better against him," said Rua. "I got a little tired, so I'm sitting down with my team and try to find the mistake, work on it and return 100 percent."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
At UFC on FOX 5, Rua is set to fight Alexander Gustafsson (14-1). Vera's next fight is unknown.
- Strikeforce Adds Pair Of Bouts To September Event
- Three New Matches Announced For UFC On FX: Browne Vs. Bigfoot
- Jay Hieron Had No Second Thoughts About Taking Jake Ellenberger Match At UFC 151
- Tim Sylvia Believes He Would Defeat Daniel Cormier
- Shogun Rua On Brandon Vera Fight: "I Know I Could’ve Been More Prepared"
- Cody McKenzie Already Calls Out Frankie Edgar For His Featherweight Debut
- Ed Soares Says Anderson Silva Has "Never Turned Down A Fight"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.