Matt Hamill's (11-4) return to competition happened partially because of a promise he made to his grandfather before he passed away.
"Every time I fight in my hometown, I see the graveyard of my grandfather and I never forgot the words he said two nights before he died," said Hamill on MMA Fighting. "He never wanted me to give-up and finish goals."
For what the promise to his grandfather was, Hamill said to stay tuned to see what he offers to MMA.
"He's still looking at me and I don't want to disappoint him," said Hamill. "I promised my grandfather I would finish my goal and I take it one fight at a time."
Hamill came out of retirement to defeat Roger Hollet (13-4) at UFC 152.
- Stitch Duran Claims Charles Oliveira Suffered Injury Before UFC 152 Fight
- Showtime Issues Statement In Regards To Cancellation
- More Taunting From Chael Sonnen Towards Jon Jones
- TJ Grant Finds New Home As A Lightweight
- UFC 152 Injury Report Includes Jon Jones
- Daniel Cormier On UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones
- Shoulder Injury Derailed Gilbert Melendez-Pat Healy Fight
- Brett Rogers Has A New Home With American Top Team
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.