A pair of lightweight fights have been added to the July Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Kennedy event. Jorge Masvidal will face off with Justin Wilcox, while Ryan Couture meets Joe Duarte.
The card takes place July 14 from Portland, Oregon. In the main event Luke Rockhold will defend his Strikeforce middleweight title against Tim Kennedy.
Masvidal (22-7) had his recent win streak snapped in the title fight with Gilbert Melendez. He owns wins over Billy Evangelista and K.J. Noons during his career. Wilcox (11-4) is coming off a no-contest with JZ Cavalcante and a loss to Caros Fodor that snapped a six-fight win streak.
Couture, the son of former UFC champion Randy, is 4-1 in his career, while Duarte holds a mark of 10-2, including five consecutive victories.
- Ronda Rousey's First Title Defense To Take Place August 18
- Dana White Confirms Anderson Silva Still A Go For Chael Sonnen Fight
- UFC Middleweight Aids Two Victims In Swarm Attack
- BJ Penn Talks Reason For Taking Rory MacDonald Fight
- Jorge Masvidal Vs. Justin Wilcox, Ryan Couture Vs. Joe Duarte Added To July Strikeforce Card
- Jared Papazian Promises To "Come To Fight" Dustin Pague Tomorrow Night
- Gilbert Melendez Content With Strikeforce/Showtime
- Demetrious Johnson “Glad” To Get Rematch With Ian McCall
- Randy Couture No Proponent For TRT