Martin Kampmann wants nothing more than to be UFC welterweight champion. However, with the top spot currently held by Georges St-Pierre and Carlos Condit, it could be a while before he gets his opportunity.
St-Pierre and Condit are slated to meet in November to unify the belts. At the same card, UFC 154, Kampmann and Hendricks are expected to square off in a bout for the No. 1 contender spot.
If GSP, who is recovering from knee surgery, cannot make the fight, "The Hitman" told MMAWeekly Radio that he will be ready to step in.
"Sounds great to me, I'm down," Kampmann said. "I want to fight Carlos. I want to get that title. Carlos, he wants the rematch. Of course, now that he's got the belt, I'd be more than happy to give it to him."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Kampmann defeated Condit via split decision back in 2009.
- Light Heavyweight Division In Anthony Johnson's Future
- More Injuries Hamper UFC 149 As Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Out
- 'Countdown To UFC 148' Set To Air On July 3
- Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante Tests Positive For Banned Substance
- Dustin Pague Steps Up On Short Notice To Fight Ken Stone
- Stefan Struve, Stipe Miocic Set To Headline "UFC: Nottingham" Card
- Rich Franklin Talks Re-Matching With “Tornado” Wanderlei Silva
- Frank Mir Talks Future, Not Opposed To Pro Wrestling
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.