Martin "The Hitman" Kampmann will look to pick up his third straight win this Friday night when he takes on fellow top welterweight Jake Ellenberger in the main event of The Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale.
If he's able to secure victory that night, the 30-year-old Dutchman is hoping that he'll be granted the chance to fight for the title (though he never specifies if its Condit or GSP's strap that he's after).
"Jake, he's a tough opponent, but I'm tougher than him and I'm gonna beat him June 1st," Kampmann told FightHubTV this week. "I just beat some tough guys and Ellenberger's in the top of the division, too. That's why they matched us up and put us in the main event, because they know we make a good fight. When I beat him, I wanna fight for the title next."
With proper champion Georges St-Pierre on the sidelines rehabbing a knee injury and interim titleholder Carlos Condit sitting on his belt to ensure he has a chance to fight the champion when he's healthy, Kampmann is probably going to have to wait awhile before he gets a shot at the title -- even with a win over Ellenberger this weekend.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Patrick Cote Replaces Rich Franklin In Fight Vs. Cung Le At "UFC 148"
- Roy “Big Country” Nelson Would Love To Welcome Brock Lesnar Back To UFC
- Dominick Cruz Discusses Knee Injury, TUF Experience, Faber-Barao
- Wagner Prado To Face Phil Davis In Griggs' Place
- Rick Story Facing New Opponent... Again
- More Details From Arianny Celeste's Domestic Violence Case (With Mugshots)
- Rousimar Palhares Says He Was Sick During Alan Belcher Fight
- Video: Jose "Pele" Landi-Jons Calls Out "Wussy Liar" Anderson Silva
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.