Mark Munoz will headline the UFC's fourth FUEL TV event in July, as he returns from elbow surgery to take on fellow middleweight prospect Chris Weidman. However, talk of Hector Lombard moving into a possible title shot ahead of Munoz has caused a bit of an issue.
"Hector Lombard? Shoot, I got respect for that guy. He's a good fighter," said Munoz, in a recent interview with AllElbows.com. "But, I've been in this organization for over two years and I've been earning my stripes. He needs to do the same. So this fight against Brian Stann, should he win it, I don't think he deserves a title shot."
Munoz is on a four-fight win streak, but was forced out of a planned No. 1 contender match with Chael Sonnen earlier this year when it was determined he needed surgery to fix his elbow. He added, "Now I feel like I deserve that fight should I win against Chris Weidman."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Mir Gets No Love As Pro Fighters Make Their Picks
- Stipe Miocic Expects "Three-Round War" Against Del Rosario
- Latest Episode Of 'TUF: Live' Sets New Series-Low For Ratings
- Nick Diaz Suspended For One Year, Fined By NSAC
- A Look At The Top MMA-Run Ins With The Law
- NSAC Approves Chael Sonnen's TUE For TRT Request
- Edson Barboza Open To Title Shot, Fight Against Anthony Pettis
- Jon Jones Posts Statement On His Facebook Page
- Video: Episode Two Of "UFC 146 Primetime: Dos Santos Vs. Mir"
- "TUF: Brazil: Recap: Final Quarterfinal Takes Place, Fighters Switch Teams
- Mark Munoz Doesn't Believe Hector Lombard Is Near A Title Shot
- Opening Of UFC GYM BJ Penn Takes Place In Hawaii
- "Countdown To UFC 146" Debuts Wednesday On FUEL TV
- Frank Mir On Dos Santos: “He Goes To The Ground With Me, He’s Dead”