Everything began to change for Mark Coleman (16-10) after his first UFC tournament.
"I felt like life changed after UFC 10," said Coleman. "You go to wrestle a match and there are no fans there. After UFC 10, I'm walking through the airport and I get noticed the day after the fight."
Coleman was the tournament winner at UFC 10. Following that, he won the UFC 11 tournament and heavyweight championship. He would then go on a four fight losing streak.
"Unfortunately I kind of slacked off after it," said Coleman. "It took its toll on me and I let it go to my head. Hard work and training is what's going to win these fights."
Coleman has not wrestled since he was released by the UFC after a loss at UFC 109 against fellow hall of famer Randy Couture (19-11).
- Mark Hominick Knows His Career Is On The Line At UFC 154
- Randy Couture On His Son Following In His Footsteps
- Series Of Interesting Messages From Jason "Mayhem" Miller Posted On Twitter
- XFC 20 Finalized With A Main Event Of Eric Reynolds Vs. Danny Salinas
- Dan Henderson Wants To Leave No Doubt By Winning All Five Rounds Or Knocking Jon Jones Out
- Strikeforce: Rousey Vs. Kaufman Medical Suspensions Handed Down To Many Fighters
- Tito Ortiz Says He Created UFC Light Heavyweight Division’s Weight Limit
- Video: Highlights From Ronda Rousey-Sarah Kaufman Title Fight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.