Lyoto Machida believes in the work he does inside the training gym. Come Saturday night, Machida knows that all those hours spent practicing karate will be what he relies on against Ryan Bader.
Machida and Bader will be the co-main event to UFC on Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera. It has been announced that the fighter who has the most impressive victory will earn a future crack at the UFC light heavyweight title.
As a former holder of the 205-pound crown in the UFC, "The Dragon" knows that he must stay focused and only look at Bader right now.
"I respect Ryan Bader very much as a fighter," Machida said. "He will pose some great problems, but I believe my training camp has been one of the best of my career."
Machida, who is coming off a submission loss to UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, was actually holding his own until "Bones" locked in a standing choke. Many felt like Machida was even winning the fight.
"I am getting back on the road to the title," Machida said. "I know what I have to do, and I am ready for this opportunity."
- Dan Henderson Plans To Put Jon Jones On His Back
- Francis Carmont To Put Perfect UFC Record On Line Vs. Tom Lawlor At UFC 154
- Add Gabriel Gonzaga To Ever-Growing UFC 153 Card In Brazil
- John Alessio Cut From The UFC
- Rick Story-Demian Maia On Target For UFC 153
- Corey Hill Vs. Mike Bronzoulis Headlines XFC 19 This Friday
- Numbers Come In For UFC 148: Silva Vs. Sonnen II
- Cesar Gracie Hoping To Get Nick Diaz A Fight Overseas
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.