Former UFC light heavyweight champions Lyoto Machida and Mauricio "Shogun" Rua have matches set for this Saturday night at UFC on Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera. Rua will meet Brandon Vera in the main event, while Machida takes on Ryan Bader in the co-main event.
If both win, it is possible that one of them vaults into a future title shot for the belt. However, Machida's manager, Ed Soares, believes victories by both should place them in coaching roles for The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 2.
"If Lyoto wins and 'Shogun' wins, maybe make them the coaches of the next Brazilian 'TUF,' and have them fight the rubber match," said Soares, in a recent interview with MMAjunkie.com.
Machida scored a decision victory to retain the title three years ago, but Rua won the belt back in a rematch via knockout. Rumors of the two coaching on TUF have been talked about for the last several months.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Report: Jon Fitch, Erick Silva Added To UFC 153
- John Dodson Vs. Jussier Da Silva At UFC On FX 5
- UFC Prepping Alexander Gustafsson For Major Fight
- Lyoto Machida Not Concerned With Decision To Make Rua-Vera No. 1 Contender Match
- Patricky Pitbull To Face Eddie Alvarez This October In Bellator
- Ryan Bader Feels Like He Is In The Thick Of Light Heavyweight Title Talk
- Jon Jones Responds To News Of Rua-Vera Becoming No. 1 Contender Match
- High Stakes Added To UFC On Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera Main Event
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.