So, common sense would say that Henderson should fight Machida next, right? According to the UFC, yes, that is exactly the case.
UFC president Dana White, speaking at a luncheon in Las Vegas on Friday, seemed to hint that was what was in store for both fighters.
"(Machida) should have taken the fight. We've seen it, history always repeats itself," White told reporters during a luncheon in Las Vegas on Friday (thanks to MMAWeekly.com for the quotes). "Look how long it took Rashad (Evans) to fight for the title again. So you wanted to fight Jon Jones, you climbed up to the title fight and you don't take it. Now you're fighting (expletive) Dan Henderson. Now you might not even get to the (expletive) title again. You lose to Dan Henderson, you're not anywhere near Jon Jones."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Henderson has said that he would like to fight before the end of the year, though many of the mainstream UFC events are already filled with key bouts.
- Fans Will See A Reborn Chris Leben In UFC Return
- Jon Fitch Thinks Championship Fights Are Given Out To The UFC's Favorites
- UFC 140 Taught Walel Watson A Lesson The Hard Way
- Krzysztof Soszynski-Ednaldo Oliveira Set For UFC On FX: Lombard Vs. Palhares
- TUF: India Is Groundbreaking For MMA Says Lorenzo Fertitta
- Georges St-Pierre: Same Division, New Faces
- Curtis Brigham Returns After Eight Year Layoff
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline