Mauricio "Shogun" Rua and Brandon Vera have some impressing to do. Lyoto Machida caught Ryan Bader coming in with a huge right, flooring the former Ultimate Fighter winner in the co-main event of UFC on Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera.
UFC president Dana White confirmed that the most impressive fighter to score a win in the co- and main event fights Saturday would secure a future title shot. Machida did his damage in the second round for his 18th career victory.
"'The Dragon's' back," Machida screamed to the crowd. "It feels very well."
Machida used his exceptional karate skills to avoid taking any damage from Bader in the first. He bruised the body of Bader with several strong leg kicks, and even caught him a few times in the opening five minutes.
Bader is now 14-3, with his three losses being stoppage defeats at the hands of Jones, Tito Ortiz and now Machida.
- Dana White Details Rory MacDonald's Injury That Put Him Out Of BJ Penn Fight
- Prado Ready For Next Fight After Davis’ Poke To The Eye Stops His UFC Debut Early
- UFC President Feels MMA Qualifies As An Olympic Sport
- Dana White Talks The Possibility Of A One Handed Fighter Joining The UFC
- Dana White Ecstatic With All The Fights At UFC On FOX 4
- Rua Okay With No Championship Shot For His Next Fight
- Lauzon Avoids Varner’s Overhand Right To Secure Submission Victory
- The Dragon Is Back As Machida Earns Championship Shot
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.