Former UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida continues to hear rumblings that he will be facing Dan Henderson in 2013. While nothing has been made official yet, "The Dragon" is planning on the fighting being signed soon.
Machida is coming off a victory over Ryan Bader earlier this year that vaulted him into title contention. However, after declining a short notice bout with UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, Machida was informed he would need to fight again before receiving a title shot.
Henderson is in the same position as Machida, as a knee injury knocked him out of championship contention. "Hendo" has not competed since late in 2011, defeating Mauricio "Shogun" Rua.
"This fight is expected to happen but there's no date set," said Machida, during a recent appearance on The MMA Hour. "We don't know yet where it's going to be or when, but I'm very happy to be fighting Dan Henderson."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Most signs point to UFC 157 on February 23 as a likely date for Machida-Henderson. The card is set to take place in Anaheim from the Honda Center.
- Magnus Cedenblad-Rafael Natal On For UFC On Fox 6
- Sara McMann Not Seeing Ronda Rousey Fight In The Near Future
- MMA Side Of GLORY - Dream Card Continues To Grow
- One Handed Nick Newell Ready For Title Run
- Nate Diaz Feels It's His Turn To Be UFC Champion
- Shogun Rua Discusses Turning Down Jon Jones Title Fight
- Mike Chiesa Signs With First Round Management
- Benson Henderson Focused On "W" Vs. Nate Diaz At UFC On Fox 5
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.