"If the UFC wants to schedule a fight with Jon Jones I'm waiting for an opportunity, but what comes is good," said Machida to TATAME. "My preference is to face Jon Jones for the belt, but if I have to do another fight, that's fine. I'm prepared to face Jones, just check and let me know."
Machida was named the No. 1 contender following his victory over Ryan Bader (14-3) at UFC on FOX 5. He turned down the chance to cash in his title opportunity at UFC 151 to replace an injured Henderson, but declined as he wanted more time to prepare. Machida has since lost his title chance.
Dana White has noted he is looking to do a Machida vs. Henderson fight with the winner possibly taking the No. 1 contender spot. Jones remains on the sidelines after suffering a possible arm injury in his last fight in September.
"Dan Henderson spoke of, but so far no confirmation," said Machida. "A fight with Dan Henderson would be a good choice for now. I'm ready for a new appointment, just depends on the UFC."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Dana White Clears The Air About Jon Fitch Rumor
- Paul Daley And Kyle Baker Signed For Bellator 79
- Chris Weidman Thinks Anderson Silva Might Be Ducking Him
- Lyoto Machida Hints At A Drop To Middleweight
- Quinton "Rampage" Jackson Asks For Match With Glover Teixeira
- Despite Loss, Fabio Maldonado Not Leaving UFC
- Video: Highlights Of Anderson Silva-Stephan Bonnar From UFC 153
- Alistair Overeem In Line To Fight For UFC Heavyweight Title In Early 2013
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.