Early in the week, a frustrated Michael Bisping (23-4) declared himself the unofficial Strikeforce middleweight champion after defeating current title holder Luke Rockhold (10-1) in a sparring session. So says Bisping, who has made it his mission to earn a middleweight title shot. Rockhold took to Twitter to address Bisping and said that he would see him soon.
@bisping that's an interesting take, I'll see you in the UFC soon my friend.
Rockhold was pulled from his second Strikeforce card in a row as his hand is still not fully healed. Bisping meets Vitor Beflort (21-10) in January in the main event of UFC on FX 7. Rockhold's future is unclear as Strikeforce is believed to close operations after the upcoming January show.
The UFC hasn't said what will become of the current Strikeforce roster, but many think it's safe to assume they will carry over the current champions.
- Renan Barao-Michael McDonald On Tap For 2013
- Emotional Dominick Cruz Discusses His Latest Knee Injury
- Randy Couture Responds To Steven Seagal's Fight Request
- Bellator 82 Ratings Are In
- Tyson Griffin Glad With His Decision To Leave Xtreme Couture For AKA
- Bjorn Rebney Details New Championship Rematch Stipulation
- Video: Dana White Returns With Blog Featuring Chael Sonnen
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.