Luke Rockhold's exit from a planned Strikeforce middleweight title defense vs. Lorenz Larkin in November was confirmed Friday. During the same announcement, the cancellation for the entire card was also confirmed.
"So (Strikeforce) nov 3rd cancelation finally announced sorry bout that one guys!" Rockhold posted on Twitter. "I should b healthy and ready to go for Jan."
Strikeforce stated that they will return in 2013 with a card in January. The cancellation of the November 3 event in Oklahoma City marks the second consecutive Strikeforce card to be pulled.
Rockhold has defended his title twice, defeating Keith Jardine and Tim Kennedy. It was reported a few weeks ago that a wrist injury suffered in training would keep Rockhold from facing Larkin.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Dana White Clears The Air About Jon Fitch Rumor
- Paul Daley And Kyle Baker Signed For Bellator 79
- Chris Weidman Thinks Anderson Silva Might Be Ducking Him
- Lyoto Machida Hints At A Drop To Middleweight
- Quinton "Rampage" Jackson Asks For Match With Glover Teixeira
- Despite Loss, Fabio Maldonado Not Leaving UFC
- Video: Highlights Of Anderson Silva-Stephan Bonnar From UFC 153
- Alistair Overeem In Line To Fight For UFC Heavyweight Title In Early 2013
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.