Lorenz Larkin (13-0-1 NC) does not see why middleweight champion Luke Rockhold (10-1) isn't admitting to signing to contract for the two of them to meet.
"Strikeforce or the UFC is not going to advertise a fight that isn't signed," said Larkin to MMA Fighting. "They wouldn't waste the time or the money. For him to say he never signed anything or never agreed to the bout, it doesn't make any sense."
Larkin was more shocked when Rockhold stated he was never was training for a fight. Larkin has been training since July, but injuries have now cancelled the fight likely altogether as Strikeforce is expected to cease operations after January.
The two were going to fight on the now cancelled November card. They were thought to be competing at January's Strikeforce: Champions but Rockhold said he's still injured.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
"I just think he's playing the safe card," said Larkin. "Why take a potential fight where you can get your belt taken from you right before you get to the UFC? On one hand, I understand if he's trying to play that game. But I'd rather he just didn't take the fight at all."
- Lavar Johnson: "I Don't Really Bark, I Just Bite"
- Dustin Poirier: Nothing's For Sure In MMA 'til The Cage Is Locked
- Dana White To UFC On Fox 5 Fighters: Please, Stay Healthy
- Nick Diaz, Not Johny Hendricks, Is GSP's No. 1 Contender, Says Trainer
- Che Mills-Matt Riddle On Deck For UFC On Fuel TV 7
- Anderson Silva At 170 Pounds? Coach Says It Would Be A "Crime"
- ONE FC And GLORY Strike Deal, Additional DREAM Championship Fight Mentioned
- Lorenz Larkin: Luke Rockhold Signed To Fight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.