Lorenz Larkin (13-0-1 NC) may never get his middleweight championship shot now that Luke Rockhold (10-1) remains injured and is reportedly off the January Strikeforce card. Larkin went to his Twitter account and joked to Dana White if he could purchase the Strikeforce title at a discounted price since it was the busiest shopping time of the year.
@danawhite or can you give me that Black Friday price for the sf belt?
Dana White has not responded to the tweet.
The two were set to fight on the November Strikeforce show, which was cancelled because Rockhold was injured. It was the second Strikeforce cancellation in a row and it was the final show of the year.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
In January, Strikeforce: Champions will air. It is being planned as a sendoff show and Rockhold was set to defend his title as was lightweight titleholder Gilbert Melendez (21-2). Both men are not expected to fight now due to injury.
- Magnus Cedenblad-Rafael Natal On For UFC On Fox 6
- Sara McMann Not Seeing Ronda Rousey Fight In The Near Future
- MMA Side Of GLORY - Dream Card Continues To Grow
- One Handed Nick Newell Ready For Title Run
- Nate Diaz Feels It's His Turn To Be UFC Champion
- Shogun Rua Discusses Turning Down Jon Jones Title Fight
- Mike Chiesa Signs With First Round Management
- Benson Henderson Focused On "W" Vs. Nate Diaz At UFC On Fox 5
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.