Liz Carmouche (7-2) has a tough fight ahead of her in Ronda Rousey (6-0). When Carmouche challenges for the UFC bantamweight championship, she knows to be on the lookout for the armbar submission.
"Maybe I'll judo throw and armbar her," said Carmouche during a fan Q&A prior to the UFC 155 weigh-ins. "For the most part, we've been training for her from the day she took the UFC title."
Rousey was the Strikeforce women's champion, before the UFC promoted her and the title to their promotion. She has ended all of her fights, three amateur and six professional, within the first round by armbar submission.
If Carmouche wins the title, she wants to fight Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos (10-1-1 NC) if she makes the weight cut to 135 pounds. Santos wanted to challenge Rousey for the title, but cutting the weight was a major issue.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
"I would absolutely be willing to fight Cris Cyborg," said Carmouche. "If she wants to fight for the belt, she needs to come down to 135."
Rousey vs. Carmouche headlines UFC 157 on February 23 from the Honda Center in Anaheim, CA.
- Mark Munoz Involved In Car Accident, Appears To Have Avoided Any Serious Injuries
- Antonio Silva Only Fighting Junior Dos Santos If UFC Forces Him To
- Glover Teixeira Plans To KO Quinton Jackson Out Of The UFC
- Video: Backstage Access To UFC 155
- Jon Jones Responds To Dan Henderson: "Old Guy Got Jokes"
- Nate Marquardt Glad To Put Old Issues With Dana White Behind Him
- Pat Healy Frustrated With UFC’s Decision Making About Strikeforce Fighters
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.