Cesar Gracie will push for his fighters to have the best possible match all day long. So, it is not a surprise that he feels Nate Diaz should be the No. 1 contender in the UFC's lightweight division with a win over Jim Miller. Diaz-Miller will be the main event for UFC on FOX 3, which is set for May 5.
Coming off victories over Takanori Gomi and Donald Cerrone, Diaz has found himself back among the elite by moving down from welterweight. He is 15-7 overall with five Fight of the Night honors to his credit.
"I guess he deserves it in case he gets the win," said Gracie, in a recent interview with Tatame.com. "He defeated Cerrone, who was one of the firsts in the line and had a good performance against Gomi; now, he's fighting another contender. So, if Nate can beat these guys, he deserves to be the next challenger."
Gracie knows Miller will present quite the opponent for his student, bringing, "good wrestling skills and heavy hands." The trainer also points out Miller is strong for the division, but, "we're not underestimating him."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Ken Shamrock Defends Himself Against Dana White
- The Pros Give Their Take On Jones Vs. Evans
- Justin Lawrence Talks Upcoming "TUF: Live" Fight
- Video Buffet: "Dragon Eyes" Preview, Inside D. Cruz's Training Camp, MMA In NY
- Josh Barnett Breaks Down Dos Santos Vs. Overeem
- Ronda Rousey Keeping Company With MMA's Most Notorious
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.