For Kyra Gracie, her last name means a lot in the world of MMA. Her family is synonymies with the sport dating back decades ago, which has led to questions if she will now join the UFC as they begin to introduce female fighters to the company.
Her cousin Strikeforce's Roger Gracie (5-1) thinks the switch to MMA is the wrong move for the jiu-jitsu star and grappling world champion. He felt at 28-years-old, Kyra wouldn't be able to make a smooth transition into MMA.
"In my view, Kyra has nothing to gain in MMA," said Roger to TATAME. "I think it will fight over who speaks for the pressure that exists and the other media. Kyra has much more to gain not fighting."
Roger's did note that he was delighted with how females have evolved in the sport over the past few years and points to Invicta FC as reasons why.
As for Kyra, earlier in the year she said she was slowly training for a possible MMA fight but had no timeframe for when. No word if her plans have changed.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Dan Hardy Interested In Josh Koscheck, Not Matt Riddle
- Alistair Overeem, Golden Glory Settle Lawsuits
- Vinny Magalhaes Takes Shot At Matt Hamill
- UFC On Fox 5 Prelims Headed For FX
- Urijah Faber Back To Training Full-Time
- Andrei Arlovski Headed For Russia, December Showdown With Mike Hayes
- MMA Veteran Rich Clementi Retires From Fighting
- Family Member Cast Doubts That Kyra Gracie Can Join MMA
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.