Ronda Rousey (6-0) has plenty of admirers, but Kyle Noke (20-6-1) is one name who thinks she shouldn't have been just handed the title.
"In every other division guys have had to fight for that belt," said Noke to MMA Interviews. "I think it makes the UFC look bad by giving her the belt."
Rousey was crowned the inaugural champion at the UFC on FOX 5 press conference. She makes her first title defense against Liz Carmouche (7-2) at UFC 157 from the Honda Center in Anaheim, CA on February 23.
Noke snapped his two fight losing streak at UFC 152. He was supposed to fight on last nights The Ultimate Fighter Finale, but pulled out with a shoulder injury. His return is not known.
Popular VideoThis judge looked an inmate square in the eyes and did something that left the entire courtroom in tears:
"I think it's great that women's mixed martial arts are getting into the UFC, but I think Ronda Rousey should have definitely fought for the title first," said Noke. "Make her a No. 1 contender versus someone else."
- DREAM Places Inaugural Featherweight Championship Bout On NYE Card
- TUF Loser Sam Alvey Given MFC Title Shot
- Video: Highlights From This Past Friday's Bellator 84
- Dana White: Every Signed UFC Fighter Is On Twitter
- Daniel Cormier Targets Four-To-Five Fights In 2013
- The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale Salaries Released
- Patrick Cote-Alessio Sakara Rematch Off For UFC 158
- Nick Diaz On Facing GSP: "This Is The Fight I Want"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.