Following two straight losses to Ed Herman and Andrew Craig, Kyle Noke has decided to change things up. It was announced on Tuesday that Noke would be dropping a few pounds and making his welterweight debut at UFC 151 against Charlie Brenneman.
MMAWeekly was first to announce the match-up late Tuesday evening.
Noke (19-6) will look to get back to his winning ways in just under a month. Prior to his back to back losses he was on a tremendous 5 fight winning streak and definitely hopes a drop to welterweight will help get him back there.
Brenneman (15-4) is coming off a loss to Erick Silva at UFC on FX 3 back in June. He has gone 4-3 in his UFC career and been ever so close to cracking that number one contender status. With a win over Noke he will bring himself back into the mix.
Popular VideoThis judge looked an inmate square in the eyes and did something that left the entire courtroom in tears:
UFC 151 is set to go down on September 1 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The UFC 151 fight card currently looks like this:
MAIN CARD (pay-per-view)
- Champ Jon Jones vs. Dan Henderson (for light-heavyweight title)
- Josh Koscheck vs. Jake Ellenberger
- Dennis Hallman vs. Thiago Tavares
- Dennis Siver vs. Eddie Yagin
PRELIMINARY CARD (FX)
- Charlie Brenneman vs. Kyle Noke
- Danny Castillo vs. Michael Johnson
- Takeya Mizugaki vs. Jeff Hougland
- Daron Cruickshank vs. Henry Martinez
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)
- Jacob Volkmann vs. Shane Roller
- John Lineker vs. Yasuhiro Urushitani
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at MMA Sucka