K.J. Noons plans on putting on a show for those in attendance and everyone else who tunes in Saturday night to see him fight Josh Thomson at Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey. For Noons, that is what he always does.
"I don't really have to say too much. My fight is always 'Fight of the Night,' and K.J. Noons is definitely stealing the show," said Noons, during a recent media conference call (thanks to Sherdog.com for transcribing). "I'm really excited to be fighting somebody like Josh Thomson; it's gonna be a barnburner."
Noons, a former champion in EliteXC, defeated Billy Evangelista in his last appearance inside the Strikeforce cage, earning a decision victory. That snapped a two-fight losing skid for the Hawaiian.
Thomson is an ex-Strikeforce champ, who was last defeated in the company by Gilbert Melendez. He did drop his previous fight, falling to Tatsuya Kawajiri in December of 2010 at Dynamite!! 2010. Thomson has been out of action since due to several injuries.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
"It's something that's in your blood," Noons said. "I've had almost 45 pro fights in boxing, kickboxing and MMA, and every single fight I've had has always been 'Fight of the Night.' I have a true passion for fighting and it's going to be exciting."
- Mike Corey Takes Place Of Wagnney Fabiano In Bellator's Upcoming Featherweight Tourney
- "UFC On FX: Alves Vs. Kampmann" Final Card, Live Coverage Tomorrow
- Quick Shots: Bisping Signs, How To Watch Cro Cop Vs. Sefo, Score Card Complete, XFC Note
- Live Video Of The UFC On FX Weigh-Ins At 10PM ET/7PM PT
- Eddie Alvarez-Shinya Aoki Rematch Set For Bellator 66 In Cleveland
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.