According to movie website ComingSoon.net, "Here Comes the Boom" placed fifth on opening weekend for the MMA film, drawing $12 million. The movie stars Kevin James as a high school teacher who enters the cage to raise money to keep the music program going.
Several MMA stars appear in the film, including Bas Rutten, Jason "Mayhem" Miller, Joe Rogan, Mike Goldberg and Bruce Buffer.
The film, which opened in just over 3,000 theaters, drew an average of $3,981 to each theater. It received an A score from CinemaScore. The top film was Taken 2 for a second consecutive weekend.
These numbers are all estimates at this point.
Popular VideoThis judge looked an inmate square in the eyes and did something that left the entire courtroom in tears:
- Daniel Cormier Responds To Jon Jones
- TUF 16 Ratings Hit All-Time Low
- Matt Hughes: "Looks Like I’m Fully Retired"
- Vinny Magalhaes Asks For Phil Davis Bout
- Shane Carwin's Manager Has Doubts About VADA
- Jake Ellenberger Tops Fighter Salaries For UFC On FX 5
- Jake Shields' Win Over Ed Herman Changed To No-Contest Due To Failed Test
- Roy Nelson Offered To Fight Dana White
- Jon Jones Refers To Daniel Cormier As "Relatively Unknown"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.