Kenny Florian (14-6) is toying with the idea about returning to action after announcing his retirement in late May of this year. A reoccurring injury to his back was Florian's reason for calling it a career.
"As far as the injury goes, I'm just doing my best to really get healthy," said Florian on MMA Junkie Radio. "I'm still trying to get healthy and get back to a regular training schedule because of my actual schedule and because of the injury."
While away from active competition, Florian has been with the UFC in the commentator role.
"It's tough seeing the fighters going out when you know you can't go in there," said Florian. "I don't know if the competitor ever leaves you. It's tough dialing it down. There are times I've had to turn down the intensity and just be a normal human being on fight night."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
About a possible comeback Florian said "never say never."
"I've definitely felt improvement, very recently in the past month," said Florian. "I haven't had that constant pain I've been dealing with. That's been a great sign. Physically, I feel much, much better."
- Submission Specialist Paul Sass Wants To Be The First To Submit Matt Wiman
- Dan Henderson Would Take Fight With GSP If Offered
- UFC Planning Regular Dates For Montreal, Toronto Cards
- Matt Hughes To Remain A Member Of The UFC
- Nick Diaz Seeking Another Overturn Of Suspension
- Stefan Struve Not Worried About Getting Knocked Out By Stipe Miocic
- Bellator 74 Weigh-In Results, All Fighters Make Weight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.