You don't have to follow soccer to know that on a worldwide level, the sport is as big as any out there. UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos has talked many times about his love and desire for the sport.
On his Twitter account Wednesday, dos Santos announced that he will be the ambassador for Salvador, Bahia in 2014 when the FIFA World Cup takes place in Brazil. "Cigano" currently lives in Salvador after being born in Cacador, Santa Catarina.
"With great honor I'll be an ambassador of Salvador in World Cup," dos Santos posted.
As for his upcoming title defense, it appears that dos Santos will face former champion Cain Velasquez on December 29. JDS has confirmed that will be his next fight, but nothing has been made official by the UFC.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Conflict MMA To Honor Fallen Fighter Tyrone Mims
- Randy Couture's Comeback Fight? Steven Seagal
- Shinya Aoki Now Off Next ONE FC Card, Slated For October Instead
- Junior Dos Santos Named Ambassador Of Salvador For 2014 World Cup
- Frankie Edgar Talks Move To Featherweight, Doesn't Believe Cut Would Have Issues
- Thiago Alves, Siyar Bahadurzada Push For Future Fight
- BJ Penn Believes Cut Wasn't Only Reason Rory MacDonald Pulled Out Of Scheduled Fight
- UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II Medical Suspensions Contain Champion
- Jon Jones Fires Back At Chael Sonnen, Refers To Him As "Coward," "Cheater"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline