It only took Junior dos Santos (15-1)a little over a minute to knock Cain Velasquez (10-1) to the mat with a right hand and win the UFC heavyweight championship. When the meet again next month at UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II, Dos Santos believes that it will take a little longer to secure the victory.
"I really think I'm going to knock him out again," said Dos Santos. "It's going be longer. Maybe the second or third round, but I think I'm going to knock him out again."
At the first UFC on FOX, Santos won the heavyweight champion in Velasquez's first defense. Since then each fighter has gained a victory.
"I go to finish my fights," said Dos Santos. "I'm a heavyweight and we finish our fights. This fight is going to prove I'm the baddest man on the planet."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Dos Santos vs. Velasquez will main event UFC 155 on December 29 from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, NV.
- UFC Took Care Of Fabio Maldonado For Accepting Glover Teixeira Fight
- Alessio Sakara's Quest For Appeal Denied
- Jon Jones Was Kept Off TUF Due To His Age
- Chael Sonnen Turned Down Spot On TUF 1
- Rich Clementi: I’m From A Different Fight Generation
- Tyrone Spong’s Return To Kickboxing Delayed
- Urijah Faber-Vaughan Lee In Works For UFC 156
- Scott Coker On Exposing Female MMA
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.