UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos didn't directly respond to a question regarding Alistair Overeem Wednesday, but it was quite evident who he was referring to. Dos Santos will face Cain Velasquez later this month at UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II.
Dos Santos was asked if he would rather face fighters such as Velasquez who avoid trash talk and just make the fight a business meeting instead of personal. Overeem has attacked dos Santos, and "Cigano" has fired back several times, as well.
"I prefer to fight against clean athletes, real professionals. Cain Velasquez is one of these guys," said dos Santos, during a conference call on Wednesday. "The other guys, they just say things, but that is nothing behind the word. Guys like me and Cain Velasquez, we are made at the gym; guys like the other guy there, they are made at the laboratory."
Overeem failed a pre-fight drug test earlier this year, taking him out of a planned meeting with dos Santos. Overeem is expected to re-apply for his fight license at the end of December, and meet Antonio Silva in early 2013.
Popular VideoThis judge looked an inmate square in the eyes and did something that left the entire courtroom in tears:
- Patrick Cote Shifting To Welterweight, Hopes To Fight At UFC 158
- Medical Suspensions Given To Fighters From The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale
- Karlos Vemola Out, Derek Brunson In To Face Chris Leben At UFC 155
- Cody McKenzie Out Of UFC 155 Bout With Leonard Garcia
- Brian Stann's Hire Heroes USA Partners With WWE
- Ratings Report: TUF 16 Finale Draws 1.3 Million, UFC On FX 6 Falls Below Average
- Legacy FC 18 To Feature Pair Of Title Fights
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.