UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos appears likely to be joining the roster of Nike, according to a report by UFC Tonight. Dos Santos will meet Cain Velasquez later this year at UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II.
Currently, UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva and UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones have contracts with the clothing juggernaut. "Cigano" was wearing a Nike shirt during an interview with the UFC show recently.
The 28-year-old Brazilian recently had his contract with Pretorian expire, allowing him to sign with Nike. Dos Santos defeated Frank Mir earlier this year in his first title defense.
Popular VideoThis judge looked an inmate square in the eyes and did something that left the entire courtroom in tears:
- Michael Bisping Anxious To Return To Action As Soon As Possible
- Junior Dos Santos The Next To Join Nike's Roster
- Dan Henderson Not Happy With Jon Jones-Chael Sonnen Booking
- Stephan Bonnar Thanks UFC Fans For A Wonderful Career
- UFC Confirms Michael Johnson-Myles Jury For UFC 155
- Bellator 82 To Feature Welterweight Final Between Lyman Good, Andrey Koreshkov
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.