You know you're bad when the prospect of you moving up a weight division to compete puts that champion on notice.
Such is the case with UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, whom many forecast will move up to heavyweight before his still very young career is over. On last night's episode of MMA Uncensored on SpikeTV, UFC heavyweight champ Junior dos Santos admitted that he and the rest of the big boys will have their work cut out for them if the young dynamo ever makes the move.
"Jon Jones is really good. He's really good," said dos Santos (props to MMAMania for the transcription). "It's different, for sure. If he comes up to the heavyweight division, it's gonna be tough for us, for sure. I really like him, but if he comes up to the heavyweight division, and he gets the chance to fight for the title, we're gonna fight. I will give my best to beat him. It doesn't matter who my opponent is. If it's gonna be him, I don't care."
Jones is currently on one of the most impressive title runs in the promotion's history, having run through four former champions in what is arguably the UFC's toughest division.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
He is also currently in hot water for getting arrested on a driving while intoxicated charge after smashing up his Bentley on a telephone pole. But, that's another story.
- UFC Veteran Jay Hieron Discusses His Role In Martin Kampmann’s Training Camp
- TUF Winner Michael Chiesa Discusses Winning Tournament, Future Plans
- Martin Kampmann Wants Title Shot Or Johny Hendricks Next
- Pros Pick Forrest Griffin Vs. Tito Ortiz 3
- Scott Coker Says Rousey-Cyborg Is Inevitable
- Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker Didn’t Foresee Daniel Cormier’s Ascension
- Blagoi Ivanov Released From Hospital
- Jon Fitch Out Of Planned Bout With Aaron Simpson
- "TUF: The Smashes" Will Feature Welterweights, Lightweights
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.