Junior dos Santos (15-1) prefers to stand on his feet and fight with his fists, but he has other tricks that could surprise Cain Velasquez (10-1), too. The two will meet later this month in a rematch from UFC on FOX 1.
"I train a lot of jiu-jitsu and I can tell you I'm ready to submit someone," said Santos to MMA Junkie. "If the fight goes to the ground and I can't come back to my feet, I'm going to be looking to submit him."
Santos needed less than two minutes to take Velasquez's heavyweight championship, in what was his first title defense. In Velasquez's last fight against Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva (17-4) he put the Brazilian on his back early in the first round and Silva was never able to stand. Velasquez earned the TKO victory on that UFC 146 card. The main event of that same show saw Santos make his first title defense with his own TKO win against Frank Mir (16-6).
In the main event of UFC 155, Santos takes on Velasquez. The card takes place from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, NV on December 29.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Patrick Cote Shifting To Welterweight, Hopes To Fight At UFC 158
- Medical Suspensions Given To Fighters From The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale
- Karlos Vemola Out, Derek Brunson In To Face Chris Leben At UFC 155
- Cody McKenzie Out Of UFC 155 Bout With Leonard Garcia
- Brian Stann's Hire Heroes USA Partners With WWE
- Ratings Report: TUF 16 Finale Draws 1.3 Million, UFC On FX 6 Falls Below Average
- Legacy FC 18 To Feature Pair Of Title Fights
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.