UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos became a black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu just weeks ahead of his next scheduled title defense. Dos Santos will face Cain Velasquez in the main event of UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II from Las Vegas.
"Just got my jiu-jitsu black belt from my master (Yuri Carlton)," dos Santos posted on Twitter Saturday. "I am thankful to my master (Carlton), who discovered me as a fighter. Today he gave me my jiu-jitsu black belt and I'm very honored."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Initial Ratings Strong For UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz
- Sara McMann Denies Ronda Rousey Rumor
- Tamikka Brents Flaunts Her LGBT Community Presence
- Video: Rory MacDonald Vs. BJ Penn From UFC On Fox 5
- Video: Highlights From Mauricio "Shogun" Rua Vs. Alexander Gustafsson At UFC On Fox 5
- UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz Live Gate, Attendance Figures
- Benson Henderson To Rest Of Lightweight Division: "I'm Not Going Anywhere"
- Rory MacDonald Upset He Didn't Finish BJ Penn, Discusses Carlos Condit
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.