Former Strikeforce lightweight contender Josh Thomson will return to action in September, as Thomson confirmed his next fight will be against Caros Fodor.
In an interview with Sherdog.com, Thomson said the fight would take place September 29 at Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Healy. The main event features Strikeforce lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez against veteran Pat Healy.
Thomson (19-5) is coming off a loss to Melendez via split decision this past May. He is 3-2 in his last five.
Fodor (7-2) was topped by Healy earlier this year, snapping his five-fight win streak.
- Tito Ortiz Launches Sports Management Agency
- Wagner Prado Cleared, Hopes For Quick Rematch With Phil Davis
- Jose Aldo Says He Will "Shut Off" Frankie Edgar If They Meet
- Mark Bocek-Rafael Dos Anjos Set For UFC 154
- Randy Couture Helps The Expendables 2 Bring In Nearly $29 Million
- Liz Carmouche Offers Up Her Services To Face Ronda Rousey
- Joe Lauzon-Gray Maynard Added To Year-End UFC 155 Card
- Former NFL Player Turned MMA Fighter Herschel Walker On The Competition Difference
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.