- NCAA Basketball
- NCAA Football
- Fantasy MLB
- Fantasy NBA
- Fantasy NFL
- Other Sports
- Alternative Medicine
- Food and Nutrition
- Health Care
- Medical Treatments
- Mental Health
- Weight Loss
- Women's Health
- Alcohol Addiction
- Drug Addiction
Jose Aldo's Motorcycle Injury Didn't Heal Properly
Andre Pederneiras, the manager for UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo, saw his fighter try and compete through pain in practice. That was enough for Pederneiras to phone the UFC and cancel Aldo's upcoming title defense with Frankie Edgar.
Aldo suffered a foot injury that did not properly heal following an auto accident. "Scarface" was hit while on his motorcycle by a car in Brazil, where he would have faced Edgar in October.
"It's been almost 10 days since Aldo's motorcycle accident and he had improved greatly," said Pederneiras, in an interview with Sherdog.com. "His injuries had already healed almost completely, but his right foot was very swollen. During his first sparring workout (Tuesday), he couldn't plant his right foot because of the pain."
Pederneiras immediately phoned the UFC and took Aldo out of the bout. Both fighter and coach hope that a future meeting with Edgar can be worked out.
"We would like the fight (to be) postponed," Pederneiras said, "but the opponent kept."
Aldo apologized to his fans, adding, "It was a huge thrill to defend this belt at the last event in the city, and it would have been even more wonderful to do it again now, against an opponent like Frank Edgar."
- Glover Teixeira Draws Fabio Maldonado For October Brazil Card
- Anderson Silva-Stephan Bonnar Light Heavyweight Affair New UFC 153 Main Event
- Chris Leben Returning To Octagon This December To Face Karlos Vemola
- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Returning At UFC 153 To Face Dave Herman
- Vitor Belfort Calls Chael Sonnen A Twitter Clown
- Report: Bellator Heavyweight Champion Cole Konrad Retires
- Cyrille Diabaté Looks For The Decision, Not Knockout In Fight With Fábio Maldonado
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline