By process of elimination, it appears that Erik Koch will be the next fighter to try and test themselves against UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo. Hatsu Hioki recently signed to fight Ricardo Lamas, leaving Koch as the main contender to "Scarface."
MMAWeekly.com reported that Aldo and Koch are nearing verbal agreements, with a possbility that fight takes place at either UFC 147 in Brazil or UFC 149 in Calgary. Details are still being worked out between the parties involved.
Koch has not competed since a win over Jonathan Brookins last September. He was slated to return to action earlier this year against Dustin Poirier, but an injury knocked him out of the fight. Poirier is not scheduled to face Chan Sung Jung later this year.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Featherweights Hatsu Hioki, Ricardo Lamas Added To "UFC On FX 4"
- "UFC On FUEL TV 2" Drug Tests All Report Back Clean
- Jose Aldo Vs. Erik Koch Expected For UFC Featherweight Title
- Video: Alistair Overeem's NSAC Hearing
- Falcao-Spang Winner To Face Alexander Shlemenko For Vacant Title
- Vinny Magalhaes Blames Extended Absence On M-1 Global
- Video: Georges St-Pierre's And His Road Back To The Octagon
- Free From Bellator, Jay Hieron To Try Luck With Legacy FC
- Dana White Calls Overeem Liar, Says Future With UFC Uncertain
- "UFC 145: Jones Vs. Evans" Fighter Salaries
- Keith Kizer Says No Issues Will Come In Chael Sonnen Receiving His Fight License
- Only A Title Shot Would Get Chuck Liddell Out Of Retirement
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.