Former Ultimate Fighter winner Jonathan Brookins has always been known as someone who marches to the beat of his own drum. Following a recent loss to Dustin Poirier, Brookins has decided to leave MMA for the time being.
"I think I just talked myself out of really wanting it," said Brookins, in an interview with Fightland. "I don't know if I talked myself out of it or if I really don't want it anymore. That made it tough to keep going and to fight. I didn't really have much fight left in me."
Brookins said he looked up at himself while weighing in and had thoughts of not even facing Poirier. He added, "I stopped believing in the fight business and stopped believing in what it was I was even doing."
For now, the only plans Brookins has revolve around heading to India in hopes of learning "something else."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Jon Jones Reveals Which Fight Made Him
- Frankie Edgar's Coach Sees Lots Of Gold In The Future
- Jake Ellenberger Thanks Johny Hendricks
- Junior Dos Santos Hopes To Follow In Anderson Silva's Footsteps And Fight In Brazil
- Cain Velasquez 100-Percent Behind Future UFC Event In Mexico
- UFC Makes Pair Of Bouts Official For UFC 157
- Max Holloway Will Meet Leonard Garcia At UFC 155
- Cain Velasquez Doesn't Regret Facing Junior Dos Santos Injured
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.