@danhendo Sorry to hear about your knee injury, would have been my honor to compete with you. Heal well, rest up
Carrying the cross for my company's decision. If someone has to take the blame, I will accept full responsibility for the way UFC 151
was canceled. I want to sincerely apologize to all the other athletes/fans who's time and money was waisted.
I feel terrible about the way that was handled.
Jones has been relatively quit since it was announced that he would not take on Chael Sonnen (27-12-1) as a replacement for the injured Dan Henderson (29-8). After White made the announcement, Jones had only been active on his Twitter account once. He retweeted an interview that MMAJunkie.com conducted with him, where he explained his reasons for not taking the fight.
Jones started with a possible biblical reference about carrying a cross and notes if someone has to be blamed, he will take the burden. He apologized to the fighters and fans, but didn't mention the UFC. He concluded with his disdain for how the event played out.
Jones has not tweeted since the ones mentioned.
- Luke Rockhold Set To Return Sooner Than Expected
- Vitor Belfort "Joyful" To Fight Jon Jones, Blasts Fighters Who Have Become "Divas"
- Dana White Says There's Only One Difference Between Fighting Henderson And Sonnen
- Chael Sonnen Rips "Selfish Brat" Jon Jones For Refusing Fight
- Video: Bellator 73 Highlights Feature Quick Finishes
- Fear The Fighter Steps Up To Help Finance Eddie Yagin
- Joe Lauzon Requested Bout With Gray Maynard
- Cung Le Back Training, Says Foot Remains "Sore"
- Jones' Striking Coach Hints That Chael Sonnen Had Been Training For Weeks
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.