UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones understands that MMA fans might not always cheer for him. After deciding to not accept a bout with Chael Sonnen on short notice, Jones heard it from those that help pay his salary.
Jones, who will face Vitor Belfort later this month at UFC 152: Jones vs. Belfort, was asked point blank if he believes that he is the most hated UFC champion in the history of the promotion on Twitter recently.
"I'm not here to be loved," Jones wrote, "I'm here to be dominant."
Regardless of who he has been paired up against, Jones hasn't received the warm reception that normally comes with being one of the top fighters in the world. He recently signed a deal to promote Nike.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Michael Bisping On Possible Light Heavyweight Return
- Report: Frank Mir-Daniel Cormier Set For November 3
- Daniel Cormier Says Tim Sylvia's Name Was Among Those Discussed For Strikeforce Fight
- Jose Aldo Involved In Accident, Escapes With No Serious Injuries
- Renato "Babalu" Sobral Slated For Bellator Debut Next Year
- Bellator Wants More Action From Its Champions Starting In 2013
- Jon Jones Doesn't Care If You Hate Him
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.