UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones felt betrayed by Rashad Evans after the two separated. Since that time, Jones has successfully defeated Evans, but that doesn't mean the two will ever be as close as they once were.
"I have no intention of ever rekindling a relationship with Rashad," said Jones, in the most recent edition of ESPN The Magazine. "After all we've gone through, you can't undo what's been done. We have no reason to reconnect. Rashad is conniving and manipulative."
Evans left Jackson MMA after Jones took his spot and won the UFC 205-pound title from Mauricio "Shogun" Rua. After Evans recovered and secured his shot at the title, the two engaged in several "he said, he said" arguments over what went down during their time at the New Mexico-based gym.
Jones is currently filming for The Ultimate Fighter 17, as he will coach opposite Chael Sonnen. As for Evans, he is set to square off with Antonio Rogerio Nogueira in early 2013, his first fight since the loss to Jones.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Joseph Benavidez-Ian McCall Headed For UFC 156
- Ultimate Fighter Headed To Tuesdays In 2013
- Dan Hardy Not Planning On Being Part Of UFC's Return To England In 2013
- Ryan Bader-Vladimir Matyushenko Added To UFC On Fox 6
- Bellator 83 Finalized With Early Start Time
- Urijah Faber-Ivan Menjivar Expected For UFC 157
- Final Fight Makes Invicta FC 4 Official
- Luke Rockhold Responds To Michael Bisping Saying He's The Unofficial Strikeforce Champion
- Relive Eight Fights Featuring Benson Henderson, Nate Diaz Ahead Of UFC On Fox 5
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.