UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones defeated his fifth consecutive former UFC champion Saturday night by submitting Vitor Belfort in the main event of UFC 152: Jones vs. Belfort. While the extent of an arm injury is currently unknown, "Bones" does have one fighter in view for a future bout.
"Honestly, I think I have some unfinished business to do with Dan Henderson," said Jones, during the post-fight interview on Fuel TV. "When he heals up, I would love to pick up where we left off."
Henderson was forced out of the main event fight at UFC 151 with a knee injury. That started a whirl-wind period for Jones, as he turned down a match with Chael Sonnen and accepted the one with Belfort.
While Jones seems to want Henderson, and Henderson would love to fight for the title, UFC president Dana White has been hesitant to say Henderson would receive an immediate title shot upon his return to action.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Stitch Duran Claims Charles Oliveira Suffered Injury Before UFC 152 Fight
- Showtime Issues Statement In Regards To Cancellation
- More Taunting From Chael Sonnen Towards Jon Jones
- TJ Grant Finds New Home As A Lightweight
- UFC 152 Injury Report Includes Jon Jones
- Daniel Cormier On UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones
- Shoulder Injury Derailed Gilbert Melendez-Pat Healy Fight
- Brett Rogers Has A New Home With American Top Team
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.