UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones appears to be shifting towards a possible super-fight with UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva. After initially saying he would never face "The Spider," Jones revealed a change of heart over the weekend while speaking with members of the media in Seattle.
"Everything is a possibility," Jones said. "I can't count too much out. We were all put on this earth to think big. Fighting Anderson would definitely be a testament to my faith, my warrior spirit; who knows what will happen in the future."
Jones and Silva struck up an immediate relationship, and Jones even made a joke asking if everyone thought their friendship had fallen apart.
"I think super fights are important for the sport," Jones said. "They are important for legacies. Do I have a desire to compete in one? I don't have it (right now). Unless someone comes and challenges me, I'm fine (at light heavyweight)."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Dustin Poirier Fueled By Loss, Looks To Bounce Back At TUF 16 Finale
- UFC Officially Announces March Return To Japan
- Video: Preview For "UFC 155: Dos Santos Vs. Velasquez II"
- Siyar Bahadurzada Calls Out Rory MacDonald
- Diego Sanchez Confirms Move Back To Lightweight, Says Next Fight To Be Announced Soon
- Roger Gracie Still In The Planning Stages Of Training
- Raphael Assuncao Fought Through Broken Arm At UFC On Fox 5
- Anderson Silva Requests 10-Fight UFC Contract
- Roy Nelson: Matt Mitrione Made Fight Personal By Requesting It
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.