Jon Jones became the UFC light heavyweight champion last year, defeating Mauricio "Shogun" Rua and becoming the youngest UFC champion ever. Now, as "Bones" prepares to meet former teammate Rashad Evans, he discusses the role of being the hunted, instead of the hunter.
"You've seen it in other sports, when a young guy comes on the scene and does well, people get excited and start writing and saying, 'This guy can't be beat,'" wrote Jones, in a blog entry he is doing for FoxSports.com. "There's a lot of hype about me right now; some media experts are saying I am unbeatable, but I know it's not true. I wouldn't bust my tail so hard in the gym if I was unbeatable."
Jones and Evans will meet on April 21 at UFC 145: Jones vs. Evans from Atlanta, Georgia. The two have had past dates to square off fall through due to injuries. Jones has defended the title against the likes of Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Lyoto Machida, while "Suga" is an ex-UFC light heavyweight champion, as well.
Evans has told anyone that will listen that he has the number of Jones, which the champion responds to by writing, "On April 21 he'll realize he doesn't even have my area code."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Tom Watson Talks Title-fight At BAMMA 9, Possible Shot In Strikeforce
- "UFC On FX" Fight Roundup: Roberts-Magalhaes, Camozzi-Catone, Pague-Papazian
- Ken Shamrock Defends Himself Against Dana White
- The Pros Give Their Take On Jones Vs. Evans
- Justin Lawrence Talks Upcoming "TUF: Live" Fight
- Video Buffet: "Dragon Eyes" Preview, Inside D. Cruz's Training Camp, MMA In NY
- Josh Barnett Breaks Down Dos Santos Vs. Overeem
- Ronda Rousey Keeping Company With MMA's Most Notorious
- King Mo's Manager Takes Umbrage At Rampage's Recent Complaints
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.