UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones made quite the impact inside the Octagon this past year, defeating a pair of former UFC champions. Jones also inked a deal with Nike, showing just how far he - and MMA - has come in the recent years.
Jones was awarded for all his notoriety by being placed 18th on ESPN's Cross-Sport Power Rankings for 2012. The sports news giant stated, "he cemented his status as the best fighter in UFC."
It also mentioned his part in the cancellation of UFC 151, which became the first UFC event to be called off completely after Jones refused a short notice fight with Chael Sonnen. The two will compete in April, and were recently filmed as the coaches for The Ultimate Fighter.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Daniel Cormier Not Finished With Frank Mir
- Kansas City Chiefs Cheerleader Rachel Wray Joins MMA
- Yoshiyuki Yoshida Hopes For A UFC Return
- Paul Daley Denies Involvement In Bar Brawl, Visa Issues To Blame For Cancelled Fight
- Jon Jones Breaks Top-20 In ESPN's Cross-Sport Power Rankings For 2012
- DREAM - GLORY Supershow Lands U.S. TV Spot
- Video: "Countdown To UFC 155" Complete Episode
- Rematch King Frankie Edgar Weighs In On Cain Velasquez - Junior Dos Santos
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.