UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones uttered some words Thursday during a press conference that likely sent chills the rest of the 205-pound division.
After having his UFC 151 fight cancelled, "Bones" didn't take anytime off from training, working right through and improving his overall skills. Jones is seeking his fourth successful title defense vs. Belfort, and is fighting his fifth straight UFC champion.
"I went into the Dan Henderson fight 100-percent prepared to go through five grueling rounds," Jones said. "Having the fight canceled, I had to switch up a lot of things I was working on. (But) I've given myself a four-week bonus of training time, and that's pushed me to a different level."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Some refer to Jones as the top fighter in the world, and the champion himself said that he believes he is now "faster than ever, quicker than ever. My technique and game play is really, really set in stone."
As a reminder, FightLine will be providing ongoing, live coverage of the entire event Saturday night, along with pre- and post-fight information.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
- Shane Carwin On Roy Nelson "He Puts On A Front"
- Marcus Brimage On Training With American Top Team In Preparation Of UFC 152
- Verbal Attacks Have No Affect On Brian Stann
- Despite Recent Surgery, Chris Weidman Still Plans On Facing Tim Boetsch
- Stephan Bonnar Calls Fighting Anderson Silva In Brazil A "Dream Fight"
- Time Off Allowed Joseph Benavidez To Improve As A Fighter
- Rashad Evans' TUF Performance Pushed Demetrious Johnson Into MMA
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline