It was announced on UFC Tonight that UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones will face his first court date for his suspicion of DUI on May 29. Jones will appear in the Binghamton (New York) City Court at 9 a.m.
"Bones" crashed his Bentley into a pole Saturday morning at 5 a.m. He was arrested and later released from jail. It has been reported that Jones suffered only minor injuries in the accident.
If the district attorney offers Jones a plea bargain that he takes at the pre-trial in either August or September, there will be no trial. Otherwise, Jones can deny it and a trial will be scheduled for later. The maximum penalty he faces ie one-year in jail and a $1,000 fine.
It remains to be seen if the planned Jones-Dan Henderson fight for September will happen. We should know more in the coming days on that matter as Jones sorts the legal matters out.
- Jason “Mayhem” Miller: “I Am Looking Past CB Dollaway!”
- Stefan Struve Discusses Maturation As Fighter, Opponent Lavar Johnson
- Video: Joe Rogan And Quinton "Rampage" Jackson Bury The Hatchet
- Four Castmember Fights Announced For 'The Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale'
- UFC On FX 5 Headed For Indianapolis
- Randy Couture Offers Up His Take On Junior Dos Santos Vs. Frank Mir
- Jon Jones Has First Court Date Set For May 29
- UFC Announces Several Fights For "The Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale"
- Mike Swick Set To Return At "UFC On FOX 4"
- Mir Takes No Issue With Dos Santos Questioning His Manhood
- Alistair Overeem: "I'm Still Gonna Get That Belt"
- Video: Bas Rutten Extols The Virtues Of The Ground Game
- Dan Hardy: Training With Frank Mir Has Been Inspirational
- Dana White Maintains Little Concern For Fox Ratings
- Anderson Silva Slips Up, Lets The World Know What He Really Thinks Of Vitor Belfort
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.