"[The fight] was a draw and is unfinished," said Fitch on Fight Hub TV. "I don't know anyone who can be content with something unfinished and just leaving it. I don't like leaving jobs around my house half finished. I don't want to leave this job unfinished. I'm waiting to rectify the situation and finish it. Win or loss, it needs to be finished."
Fitch isn't certain if Penn should return to train at American Kickboxing Academy beside him, but he'll worry about that at a later time.
"I'm not in any mood to be friendly right now," said Fitch. "Who knows what will happen after the fight, but I know how I feel right now. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. I'm not someone who wants to speculate. I'm a rationale thinker. Anything can happen, but not right now."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
If the fight does happen, it won't be until 2013 at the earliest as both fighters are currently scheduled for separate fights. Later this year, it will be Fitch vs. Erick Silva (15-2-1 NC) at UFC 153 and Penn vs. Rory MacDonald (13-1) at UFC on FOX 5.
- Video: Weigh-Ins For ONE FC 5: Pride Of A Nation
- Anderson Silva: "A Lot Of People Thought I Was Gay" Growing Up
- Official Numbers Come In For UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II
- TUF Winner Michael Chiesa Returns To Action Vs. Rafaello Oliveira This December
- Joseph Benavidez Plans To Exploit Demetrious Johnson’s Weak Spot
- Thales Leites Responds To Anderson Silva's Recent Remarks
- Eddie Yagin-Dennis Siver Finds Home At UFC On Fox 5
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.