Jon Fitch (23-4-1-1 NC) sees his experience inside the Octagon as a factor to what will lead him to victory when he fights Erick Silva (14-2-1 NC).
"He is very explosive, very fast, but he has not been tested," said Fitch to TATAME. "He has not fought for many rounds with experienced opponents, so I think this is one aspect in which I'll test it. I'll show him what experience can give the fighter."
Fitch will be making his first UFC appearance this year in the fight. Silva enters the fight with his last four fights ending in the first round. He won three of those and the loss came from a DQ for strikes to the back on an opponent's head.
"This happens several times," said Silva. "You have good finishes there and jump to the top automatically. It's part of the sport. I will not say he's overrated, but it happens in sports. If you end people in the first round, [people] will expect a lot from you."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Fitch vs. Silva will takes place this Saturday, October 13, on the main card of UFC 153.
- Forrest Griffin- Bonnar's “Going To Surprise Some People"
- Mark Munoz Eyes February Return, Weidman Rematch
- Pat Barry Forced To Find New Home After Team DeathClutch Folds
- Jens Pulver Dealing With Anxiety, Depression Issues
- Javier Mendez Discusses Opponents For Daniel Cormier
- Stephan Bonnar: "I Am Going To Give Anderson Silva Hell"
- Countdown To UFC 153: Silva Vs. Bonnar Airs This Evening
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.